RSS

Sunday 17 May 2009

Alter Ego make-up...It won't be what you expect though :-P.

[This is for Posey's contest ;).]

Before showing my Alter Ego look, I shall (as per contest rules) have to present a 'regular' look of mine ;D. If you're a regular reader of this blog, you'll know that I do different kinds of looks (that's what's so amazing about make-up, after all), but they normally share one crucial factor - they're expressive. At least one feature (& often more than one feature) really pops. Something is always bright :).

Here goes my 'regular' kind of make-up...Credit goes to Thiamere for coming up with this gorgeous look ^_^. I've wanted to try it ever since I first read that post, and now I finally have an excuse to ;D. My version is even more outrageous 'cause I threw in a bright lip colour :-P :).

Odd pose, but I like it :-P.

Now, here comes my Alter Ego...Ready?

It's not wild. It's actually incredibly boring natural-looking make-up, which I hate. I know it's classic. I know it looks good. But I like colour.

Which is why I never wear this kind of look. Until this contest :-P.

So, which one do you like? I prefer the bright one :D, but maybe that's 'cause the natural look pic is kind of blah XD...
Anyway, read on for details on how to do both ;).

Alter Ego Neutrals Look Products & Tutorial:

[I did that one first ;).]

Skin: My usual foundation & concealer ;). I threw out the Rimmel powder 'cause it stopped working well :-P, and am now using the one from my Oriflame Christmas Palette. It's nicer :), but the placement isn't the best...Yes, every time I use it, I get some on the 2 right lip colours >:-).
I also did some minor contouring on my jawline with the Bourjois Apricote powder & Elf Luminance powder ;D.

Eyes: The very left shade from my Physicians Formula quad in Earth Minerals, and curled bare lashes. That's it.

Cheeks: Everyday Minerals blush in Jump Rope.

Lips: Burt's Bees lip balm as a base, and Oriflame Visions Sweet Talking Lip Candy in Sweet Caramel as lip colour. (That's the heart on the picture XD.)

Thiamere Bright Look Products & Tutorial:

[Note that I'm building on the neutrals look for this one ;). I didn't bother removing it (except the lip colour 'cause that was easy enough), and there wasn't much to remove anyway >:-D.]

Skin: Elf Luminance to brighten. I love this product, will probably do a review :), and if you're in the US and therefore can get it for a dollar, you definitely should ^_^.

Eyes: From the outside looking in ;)...I used bright orange, hot pink, and fluorescent yellow :D. To be more specific, I used NYX eye shadow in Orange, MAC Hello Kitty blush in Tippy (it's not shadow - but so what :-P?), and Wild And Crazy eye shadow in New U Girl ;). My fave white liner (Oriflame Laurel & Hardy), and I opened a new mascara a few days back since the Rimmel ones have expired ;D - the Guerlain mini from my Pucci Guerlain eye set ;).

Cheeks: MAC Fafi Hipness ;).

Lips: Orlane Rouge Extraordinaire Lipstick in 34, one of my favourite brights :). And I used clear gloss (from Oriflame's old blueberry products line) over it ;D.

Eyes close-up...

And another odd pose...

Really like this one :). That sounds strange coming from me, doesn't it?

Well, I guess that's it for tonight ;). Thanks for reading :). I still have a Barbie look and a pigeon look to come up with :-P ;D...

13 comments:

Crissy said...

ahh you are so cute!

AskMeWhats said...

aaww that is a cute look! I love this post!

Jem said...

ohhh!
love your version!

wow...
the first pic you look so vampy & sexy..
rawr!

the 2nd one you look so soft & feminine

you're the bomb!
i love your entry!
\^O^/

Lisa said...

I love the natural look! It's polish and professional. But the bright red lips still is my favorite cause it's fun. How many contests have you entered already?

Citrine said...

Ha,I have that physicians formula shadow quad as well...I love the colors (but the bulky compact is annoying...)

mszcheysser said...

Oooh! Niiice :)!

Barbie look? Wow! That would be interesting to see

Mona said...

you look so cute!

Cris said...

Thanks everyone ^^! You're so kind :).

Thiamere, if I win, it's thanks to you :). Thank you so much for creating that look ^_^!

Lisa, I have no idea XD...But my blog has 7 posts tagged as 'contest', so it's probably 7. And I keep doing them, they're fun :).

Citrine, I love that quad :). Will probably try more products from that brand. But the way they stuck the brush in a separate compartment under the quad is really funny XD!

& I have no idea what to do for the Barbie look yet :(. But I promised Laura that I'd enter her contest so I'll come up with something, I still have a week ;).

aquaracer said...

girl, you make me so jealous for being able to rock red lips!! hehe. anyways, i like your hair on the 2nd pic, different from what i normally see in your photos. good luck on the contest!

ami said...

I love the look.

fuzkittie said...

Love natural look on you! hehehe but yes we all need color from time to time!

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

you look so pretty in neutral!! hahaah well consider that your usual :P goodluck with the contest!!

Cris said...

Lol, OK, will try to do more neutrals :-P ;).
And my lips are [supposed to be] orange ;D.