RSS

Tuesday 2 June 2009

Contest Entry: Pigeon inspired smokey look & Tag courtesy of Nic Nic ^_^.

This is my try for Rebecca's Animal Instinct contest :). No rigid rules, just create a look inspired by your favourite animal ;). Mine is...

The pigeon ^_^.

Here's what I came up with...This post is pic light - was having an unphotogenic day. (Yes, that is always the case with me if you were wondering :-/ - I mean that today was worse than usual >:-D.)

I was a bit worried about taking pics outside on the balcony (being seen - v. uncomfortable & I hope I managed to avoid that), but it was fine.

I focused on the eyes, as you can see...

I patted loose, jewel-like green and purple colour onto a grey base. See the pigeon connection ;D?

My eye is even shaped like a pigeon - just add a head :-P. Lol, but I think it is on that pic XD!

And here's what I used...

Skin: The usual, but I used Elf Luminance instead of my usual matte powder ;). Have I said that I looove Elf Luminance already? Well, I'm saying it again :-P.

Eyes: I used Moonlight (bottom left shade) from the Avon quad to shade my eyelids, then Steel (bottom right shade) to make an outer V (repeating the idea from this look ;D). I added bright silvery grey liner on the inner waterline, and dark grey liner (Oriflame Visions Jekyll & Hyde) on the outer line.
Then, I patted on green pigment (Barry M Dazzle Dust in 14) on the inner half of the eye, and purple (Everyday Minerals eye shadow in Well Being) on the outer half, & blended ;).
Curled lashes & mascara on top and bottom lashes finished the look :).

Cheeks: Charm Color blush in FB5.

Lips: Biotherm Glossy Shine Luminous Crystal Gloss in 130.

If you haven't entered this contest yet, you should ;D.

I was also tagged by Nic Nic to show my blogging space to the world...

Computer of the moment. Nothing personal ;).

And I believe these were part of the tag too...

* What are you wearing right now? A green shirt (look above :-P), red track pants, socks & underwear >:-). And my smokey pigeon make-up :-P XD.

* What's the last thing you read/are currently reading? This, I read it as I write it ;).

* Do you nap a lot? No :-/...But I have really weird sleeping habits. If I were free to, I'd probably wake up in the afternoon and go to sleep at 9 A.M. or so, lol.

* Who was the last person you hugged? My little sister :). I never hug anybody else, do I XD?

* What's your current obsession/addiction? Still swapping :-P.

* What's for dinner? Had it already XD.

* What was the last thing you bought? Technically, I think it was stamps >:-). For swapping ;).

* What are you listening to right now? I have this stuck in my head...

And before you ask, no, I don't watch the show, I won't watch the show, I hate it & I don't watch TV anyway. But good music is good music regardless of where it comes from.

* If you could have any super power, what would it be? The power to control people >:-).

* What is your favourite weather, and why? Anything but sun, because the sun cooks people :-P.

* What time do you usually get up? Some time in the morning XD...

* What is your most challenging goal right now? Won't share.

* Say something to the person who tagged you: If I was as pretty as her, I'd do Looks of the day way more often :-P :).

* If you could have a house - totally paid for, fully furnished - anywhere in the world. Haven't I answered this already in another tag? I don't know. But definitely not in this country.

* Favourite vacation spot? I don't go on vacations.

* What is your favourite item of clothing? I don't think I have one XD.

* Favourite pair of shoes you keep going back to over and over, even though your closet is overflowing with a zillion others? It's not. It's overflowing with eye shadows :-P.

Yes, that thing is full - and it's heavy >:-). And I love them all ^_^.

Oh, and about the shoes XD...My Product (RED) Converse :). But I'm thinking of getting some kind of slip-ons for the summer ;D.

* Name one thing you cannot live without: Oxygen XD.

*What time is bed time? Soon after I'm done with this ;D.

* If you could wake up anywhere tomorrow morning, where would it be? I won't share :-P :).

Thanks for reading :). Coming soon, a look with my Blind Swap products ;D...Yay ^_^!

12 comments:

fuzkittie said...

Those colors are so pretty together!! :D

Anonymous said...

Really nice inspiration, Cris! The colors indeed look very pretty together! ;)

AskMeWhats said...

wonderful look! Nice inspiration

Crystal said...

ooh nice! good luck with the contest!

Jem said...

wow!
that's cool!
a pigeon

you rock the look,hun!
goodluck
^_^

♡ Nic Nic ♡ said...

i thinks its cool you made a pretty look inspired from a pigeon!

thanks for doing the tag. I think you're pretty in the pics!!

Anonymous said...

Oooo pretty colors! I also love pigeons, I actually have two of them as pets!

Audrie said...

how cool, a pigeon inspired look!! hehe you did a great job :)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the entry, am loving it. A pigeon was an awesome idea!

aquaracer said...

hahaha, u amuse me. "name one thing u can't live without: oxygen" LOL

lovely look and inspiration. i like the pic of the pigeon.

Cris said...

Thanks so much for the comments people ^_^!

Asia, pet pigeons :D...Wow, lovely ^_^.

& Kristine (did I spell it right?), I was in a bad mood when blogging that due to the unphotogenic day >:-). (Or maybe I had an unphotogenic day because I was in a bad mood, I don't know :-P.) And crankiness makes me sarcastic...Result ;).

✿Ji✿ said...

Good luck with the contest!^^
The make up looks really cool, love the grey!^^